Our Blessed Candles have been prayed on for hours by our dedicated intercessor.
The Prayer Candles are hand made from beeswax. At Divine Intercession, we prefer beeswax candles and there are many reasons why.
1) Beeswax candles are superior to regular paraffin candles. Beeswax candles are thought to clean and purify the air as well as emit healthful ions. Beeswax gives off a much brighter light with a beautiful golden halo and less flicker.
2) Beeswax candles are naturally aromatic and smell like sweet honey. Also, they are a better investment as they burn more efficiently unlike some other cheaper, inferior candles available on the market.
3) Beeswax candles are cleaner to burn. It doesn’t drip or give off unhealthy by-products such as soot and smoke.
4) Beeswax candles carry high spiritual significance; it is honorable and sacred. Later on, ancient Greeks believed that bees were born spontaneously from animal corpses and therefore symbolizes resurrection and rebirth.
Beeswax Candles, when blessed, are one of the greatest divine blessings by nature and are a magnificent and important symbol of Christ. The pure wax, made by virginal bees, is a symbol of the pure flesh of the Saviour coming from the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The candle’s wick represents Our Lord’s human soul which also represents ours.
The flame of the lighted candle signifies His Divinity of which we are a part. They also have been lit by the Catholic Church for centuries as a symbol of prayer.
Significance of lighting a candle
Lighting a candle symbolizes illumination or light in the darkness of our life, especially individual life. It is the symbol of holy illumination of the spirit of truth. Lit in times of pain, they signify the light in our darkest world, and they represent the Spirit of Christ.
It reminds us of the words of Christ when He lifted up a candle and said “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.”
Lighting candles during prayers symbolizes
- Our search for God
- Reminds us of the presence of the Holy Spirit with us.
- Provides us with a more calming atmosphere
- Helps lessen the distractions
- Helps us connect with the Divine
You say these words when lighting the candles: “Holy Spirit I am here for you, and I know you are here for me. I know that everything that I need has already been provided for me. And now I affirm it in Jesus name.”